Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Premilinary task

For my premilinary task, I had to create a magazine cover and a contents page for a college magazine. I used Microsoft publisher to create these. On my magazine cover, I had the magazine title and the college logo across the top. I had a picture of a young student starting from the bottom left to the centre to relate to the readers who are also young. I captioned the picture and had a headline next to it. I used a rhetorical question to engage the reader and get them thinking. I left the headline quite vague so it's not giving out complete information, just enough for them to want to read on.

 

The second page I created was the contents. This page listed all the main features that were in the magazine and I had the page numbers across them, this makes it easier for a person to find what they are looking for. I kept both pages simple, so that they were easier to read. Too much writing would make it look complicated and hard to process. I used a simple yet attractive background to attract the readers. I also used large and simple fonts to make it easier to read. This magazine is aimed at college students therefore my contents were college appropriate and related to the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment